- Founder and lead Estate & Elder Law attorney at Stefans Law Group PC.
- Wealth Management Advisor
- President of Summit Tax Advisors, Inc.
Donna Stefans has over 20 years of experience in Elder Law, Estate Planning, Retirement Income Planning, Income Tax, Asset Management and Capital Investment, giving her the ability to create and maintain holistic life-care plans for clients – from birth to legacy.
Ms. Stefans is also the President of Summit Tax Advisors Inc., a full service personal, business, trust accounting, income tax, and consulting practice. She is currently an Investment Advisor Representative with Cetera Advisor Networks LLC, and is an Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF).
Additionally, Ms. Stefans spends much of her free time working with people who have Alzheimer’s, Dementia, and other special needs. She is currently a member of the Board of Directors of the Long Island Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association.
Ms. Stefans is a board member of HorseAbility, an established organization that improves the lives of people with special needs through therapy programs utilizing interactions with horses.
Ms. Stefans is the Vice Chair of the New York State Bar Association, Elder Law section, Financial Planning Committee. She is also a member and active participant of the: National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, National Academy of Special Needs Planners, National Aging in Place Council, Financial Services Institute, Financial Planning Association, and the Nassau and Suffolk County Bar Associations. Ms. Stefans' passion is helping to advocate and educate both attorneys and individuals in the ever changing world of Elder Law, Estate Planning, and planning for all aspects of a person's financial life.
Concentrations, Designations and Education
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF)
- Licensed to practice law in Florida and New York.
- Investment Advisor Representative with Cetera Advisor Networks LLC
- Series 7 & 63 & 65 Securities Registrations
- NY State Life, Accident and Health Insurance Licenses
- JD, Touro Law Center
- BS, Finance, University of Scranton
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- Suffolk County Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Alzheimer's Association - Board Member
- HorseAbility - Center for Equine Facilitated Programs – Board Member
- Lawyers of Distinction 2018
- Elder Care Matters Alliance
- NAELA - National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- NCPC - National Care Planning Committee
- Academy of Special Needs Planners
- NAIPC - National Aging in Place Council
*Registered Representative offering securities and advisory services through Cetera Advisor Networks LLC, member FINRA/SIPC, a broker/dealer and registered investment advisor. Cetera is under separate ownership from any other named entity. Law and Tax services are offered through Stefans Law Group and Summit Tax Advisors.