- Founder and lead Estate & Elder Law attorney at Stefans Law Group PC.
- Wealth Management Advisor
- President of Summit Tax Advisors, Inc.
Donna Stefans is the founder and lead attorney at Stefans Law Group PC with over 23 years of experience in Elder Law, Estate Planning, Special Needs Planning, Retirement Income Planning, Medicaid optimization, and Income Tax & Asset Management. Her unique skill set allows her to create and maintain holistic life-care plans for clients – from birth to legacy.
Ms. Stefans is frequently sought after to speak at many events and seminars such as Alzheimer's Association of Long Island, the NCCPAP annual Accounting & Tax Symposium, Financial Planning Association of Long Island, Cetera, local senior centers, as well as many networking events.
Ms. Stefans is currently an Investment Advisor Representative (IAR) with Cetera Advisor Networks LLC, where she is an Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF) and holds her Series 65 with over 30 years of experience in retirement planning, asset protection planning, and wealth management.
As a council member of the Cetera Financial Group Diversity & Inclusion Council, she advocates for sustainable, systematic change to create a special culture and community that embraces diversity, champions equity, welcomes inclusion, and nurtures belonging.
She is also currently a member of the Board of Directors of the Long Island Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association. She spends much of her free time working with people who have Alzheimer's, Dementia, and other special needs.
Ms. Stefans serves as the Chair of the New York State Bar Association, Elder Law Section, Financial Planning & Investment Committee, focused on educating attorneys on estate planning and elder financial advisory concepts. She participates in the: National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, National Academy of Special Needs Planners, National Aging in Place Council, Financial Services Institute, Financial Planning Association, and the Nassau and Suffolk County Bar Associations.
She is also the President of Summit Tax Advisors Inc., a full-service personal, business, trust accounting, income tax, and consulting practice.
Ms. Stefans' passion is helping to advocate and educate both attorneys and individuals in the ever-changing world of Elder Law, Estate Planning, and planning for all aspects of a person's financial life. Her experience as an attorney and extensive taxation knowledge gives her the tools to help individuals accomplish their estate planning goals and financial needs.
Concentrations, Designations and Education
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF)
- Licensed to practice law in Florida and New York.
- Investment Advisor Representative with Cetera Advisor Networks LLC
- Series 7 & 63 & 65 Securities Registrations
- NY State Life, Accident, and Health Insurance Licenses
- JD, Touro Law Center
- BS, Finance, University of Scranton
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- Suffolk County Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Alzheimer's Association - Board Member
- Lawyers of Distinction 2018
- Elder Care Matters Alliance
- NAELA - National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- NCPC - National Care Planning Committee
- Academy of Special Needs Planners
- NAIPC - National Aging in Place Council
Securities and advisory services offered through Cetera Advisor Networks LLC, member FINRA/SIPC, a broker/dealer and registered investment adviser. Cetera is under separate ownership from any other named entity.
Legal services offered by Stefans Law Group. Tax services offered by Summit Tax Advisors. Legal and tax services offered separately from Cetera Advisor Networks LLC which does not provide legal or tax advice.